Contributing Back – Pro Bono Work
The Imaginarium Pledge is to deliver an hour of voluntary work for every day booked by our clients (paid for in-house training, coaching, facilitation or consultancy).
You book a day’s work with us and we will contribute an hour to a cause.
We are making a statement about wanting to contribute back to charities, communities, social enterprises, individual resilience and the environment.
Examples of volunteering we do:
- Running a workshop/training session for a charity
- Running a free open course to help participants build resilience
- Coaching/Mentoring on a 1:1 basis to help an individual
- Running workshops to raise money for a charity
- Giving time to add value to a community/group
- Self-Motivation session for the Central Bedfordshire Swim Squad
- Career Presentation for Reigate School (careers week)
- Resilience Seminar for Stronger Kent Communities conference
- Business Mentoring for Children with Cancer Fund (with East Sussex Charity Mentors)
- MCing charity NLP Awards Ceremony – proceeds to Mind BLMK
- Persuasion/Influence and Futureproofing Yourself sessions for RSPCA
- Managing and Supporting Staff one-day workshop for Team Domenica
- Engagement & Influence spotlight session for Children’s Trust (Tadworth)
- Career mentoring and appraisal preparation for members of TOPRA
- Strategic Influence coaching for World Animal Protection
- Coaching on Negotiation & Influencing strategies for Sussex Wildlife Trust
- Mentoring MSc Students (Uni Sussex Business School Mentoring Scheme)
- Presentation Skills spotlight training session for RSPCA
- Presenting to CIPD groups on ‘Managing People Through Change‘
- Guest lecturing for Universities of Sussex and Kent
We are currently looking for local charities (East Sussex/West Kent area) that we can support. Please contact us if we can help.
Marvellous seminar from Joe Cheal: ‘Wellbeing: Resilient You!’ at our Living Well at Any Age conference to support the voluntary sector. Feedback includes:
“insightful and invigorating session”
“lots of useful tips”
“really fun presenter and great feel-good content”
Stronger Kent Communities
Joe led two fantastic sessions for us during our Learning at Work Week at the RSPCA. Joe is always so engaging and is such a warm, fascinating presenter that you can’t fail to be captivated by what he has to say. He really listened to my plans for the campaign and facilitated sessions on Developing Resilience in Your Career and Persuasion and Influence, which were relevant to the campaign’s theme and well attended. The feedback was excellent – I received many comments on how there were plenty of takeaways and everyone enjoyed how accessible Joe’s sessions were. He knows so much that it was shame we couldn’t keep him all day to tell us more! I can’t wait to work with him again.
Kerry Gabriel O’Sullivan
Joe led a management course on structuring supervision and appraisal sessions, understanding the importance of performance management, setting objectives and targets for teams and individuals, how to motivate and development staff, dealing with poor performance, action planning and delegation. The full day session was hugely valued by our staff who left feeling more confident and driven as managers. Would highly recommend.
You supported me to think through two complex situations, which both require negotiation and influencing skills. I felt challenged in my previous thinking, saw the situations from the perspective of the ‘other’ and left the session feeling that I had a new approach to bring to both conversations. I also became clear about my expectations. Your help was invaluable.
Sussex Wildlife Trust
Your session was excellent, some of the swimmers feedback was ‘he was my kind of guy, loved scooby doo voice’. So high compliments indeed. Coaches also enjoyed it and we have since had a coaches meeting to discuss how we can implement some of your tools. Again we really enjoyed your session and are very grateful.
British Swim Coach
A big thank you from the MSc Human Resource Management team at University of Kent. We’ve had great feedback from the students about the interactive and engaging session you did about managing performance. They’re all asking you to come back so we’d love to get you booked in again for 2019!
Senior lecturer in Human Resource Management
University of Kent
It was pitched just right. It’s just a shame we didn’t have more time!